Monday 16 January 2012

New Embroidery Threads

Before Christmas I decided to treat myself to a Christmas present of some variegated embroidery threads. I have embroidered in the past using the Cottage Garden Threads and have enjoyed using them. So I ordered a smorgasboard collection of these threads and was absolutely delighted when they arrived just before Christmas. What a treat!


These threads can be viewed at www.cottagegardenthreads.typepad.com if you are interested in seeing the variety of threads that are available.

I had also gone to my local patchwork shop before Christmas and found some beautiful blue fabrics and one of the blue threads matched these fabrics perfectly. So I have started on a small wallhanging .

 

My hobby is to design and paint wooden buttons and brooches and this wallhanging will have one of my painted buttons on it when I have finished it.
I will go back to my embroidery now and hopefully will soon have a posting of the completed wallhanging.
Cheers, Yvonne

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

you'll be in heaven stitching away with these threads............enjoy.......

Tatkis said...

Your new threads are beautiful!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Klarafina said...

Beautiful thread! I must check if it its available in Norway, or maybe I can order it from a web store. I sure would like to try it.

2ne said...

Lovely thread and nice stitchery :-)

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece...I love the blues...Also wanted to say your quilt for your son is great.

I'm going to become a follower of your blog...going to click on your web address, copy it, and paste it on my reader page.
Mama Bear