Thursday 5 April 2012

Great Excitement!

I am just so excited today.

It all started in about August last year. I had completed a cot quilt that I had designed and sewn myself. I took it to be machine quilted and the result was very pleasing, so much so that the lady who quilted it was keen to have the pattern to make it  for her grandchild who was due at the time. I decided that I would  see if  the Australian Homespun Magazine would be happy to publish it. To cut a long story short, it was accepted, the quilt got bundled off for the magazine and that was in November. I have been waiting patiently (and I am not normally patient), and I know that it will be out in the May issue-- and May is  ALMOST here.

I looked in the Homespun magazine today ie the April issue-- and what a surprise! My quilt is pictured in the preview for the May magazine. I could not believe my eyes.  I am still  on Cloud 9 and cannot get back down to earth just yet. Who would think that something as simple as a quilt being published  would create such excitement.

Greetings from Cloud 9,
Yvonne.

4 comments:

Klarafina said...

How exciting! I will keep my eyes open and hopefully be able to purchase the magazine :))

Tatkis said...

Wow, great news! Congratulations!
Hope I'll not miss this issue :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats that's very exciting.....looking forward to the next mag.......

Jo in TAS said...

Congratulations Yvonne! Can't wait to get May's Issue, it's my favourite mag!