Friday 5 September 2014

A Hexagon Medley in Blues, a Lap quilt and a mistake re Postage in my Etsy shop

I have been making this quilt for a very long time-- and it feels like a VERY long time. So I am glad I have finally completed the top.
Blue Hexagon flowers
 
 
This picture shows the border and corner. I decided to make a patchwork border as I have a huge amount of blue and white fabric that I have collected over the years. This way, I would use up the fabric. Well I still have a large stash of the fabric.
 
Border and corner
 
 
I counted up the number of rectangles I would need to make the border, and spent ages cutting and cutting. After I completed the quilt borders, I realised I had a large number left over. All I needed was to cut a few more, and I now have a lap quilt as well. The miscalculation-- by a mile-- was not wasted after all.

A lap quilt
 
I am making 2 small mats for the bedside tables as well. So my blue and white stash is decreasing.
 
I now have to send these 2 quilts away to be quilted.
 
 
 
I finally have my etsy shop up and running. Only to find a big mistake on my part re the postage. It was adding the full postage for additional pieces-- which was incorrect. I have corrected it and hopefully, I have rectified all the problems.
I am sure there are people out there who are miles better than me with the computer and don't have the problems that I seem to accumulate when I use the computer. I am slow with it and have problems working out the steps. So it becomes very time consuming. Lucky for me, my son was home and I managed to get him to show me how to do more with the site. Hence, I have learnt to put a banner up for the etsy shop-- a photo of my buttons. Well I decided that I will also change the header on my blog to match. Now I know how to do that, I will be able to change them more often too.
 
Tomorrow is Father's Day in Australia. A Happy Father's Day to all the  dads and husbands.
 
It has finally stopped raining, and I will take advantage of that and go for a walk before it starts up again.
 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Cheers,
Yvonne


8 comments:

Koala said...

Hello Yvonne, I loved your idea of a pieced border! Your blue quilts look great, such a calm tones and colours!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh it looks wonderful Yvonne............love the blues......very soft.......

Abby and Stephanie said...

Thank goodness for our kids! I'd be lost with computer things if it wasn't for them. Oh dear those blues are so soothing and beautiful. What a lovely hexagon quilt!

Grethe said...

What a beautiful, calm blue quilt, Yvonne. I am sure you are both happy and proud to have finished it. Looking forward to seeing it all quilted :-)

Tatkis said...

Wonderful quilts, both of them!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne, what a pretty interpretation of the Grandmother's Flower Garden Theme. Love the blue/white mix. Greetings Sylvia

Solstitches said...

Your hexagon quilt is gorgeous Yvonne.
I love the pretty blue fabrics.
You did well to get a second, smaller quilt out of the fabrics too.
Looking forward to seeing how it looks when it is quilted.
Margaret

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
what a question, I would love to have one.
Your sewing looks great.
Greetings,
Sylvia