Friday 23 January 2015

A new Needle Keep made during FNSI

Last night was the first Friday sewing night for FNSI for 2015. I joined many other blogging friends to a relaxing night of sewing.
I have a large hexagon needle keep-- it is looking a little old and I have many needles in it all the time. I decided that I needed a small, new needle keep and it will just hold the needles I need for the project I am working on at the time.


 

So last night I started on this project, and completed it today.
 
Appliqued and embroidered hexagon
 
 
With the border and some bushes added
 

With a Sheep button?

Or a birdhouse button?

Or a bird sitting on the fence?
 
Or why not a kangaroo-- after all we are in the country.
 
I am happy with the finished product and I chose the sheep yet again. I must say the sheep is still my favourite button.
 
Thank you Wendy, for hosting another FNSI.
 
Have an enjoyable weekend.
 
Cheers,
Yvonne

20 comments:

kiwikid said...

Oh...all the buttons look lovely!!!
Great needle keep.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
it is such a cute needle keep. What a nice idea, I like the hexagon shape of it. Beautiful.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

wow Yvonne what a lovely design,you are so clever and all the buttons looked perfect on it,well done my friend xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your sweet Hexie needle keep xx

Ondrea said...

How gorgeous is that! Love the stitchery and love your buttons on them. So cute.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What a pleasant pastoral scene....and any one of the buttons would look sweet there. Great project for FNSI.

Lyn said...

just lovely and such gorgeous buttons

Janet said...

Very lovely little needle keep! I think I would have chosen the kangaroo - just too cute!

Simone Harding said...

What a great needle keep. I can't choose which button love them alll

Katherine said...

Gorgeous work! Love those framed hexies

Karen's Korner said...

A very pretty finish. Cute sheep.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a fun needle keep Yvonne!

barb's creations said...

That's funny I was thinking the sheep as well, it suits the needle keep design & I Love all your buttons Yvonne :) Barb.

Anthea said...

Hi Yvonne - I'm popping in from fnsi - lovely stitching there & I love the sheep... actually, I love each of the buttons!

Christine M said...

The sheep is what I would have chosen too, Yvonne. But all the buttons looked lovely on the hexagons.

Maria said...

I love the bird on the fence with the birdhouse..
Gorgeous needle keep and buttons.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...it looks so sweet!

It`s a great work. I love it

Käthe said...

Hallo,
eine ganz tolle Idde !
besonders mit dem kleinen Vogelhäuschen.
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Abby and Stephanie said...

This is so pretty and I love all of the button choices. You can't go wrong!

Houseelf said...

OOO that is beautiful! What about a whole quilt in this same technique so you can use all the buttons?