Saturday 21 February 2015

FNSI, a framed cross stitch, a bag and a thread holder

Friday night was a sewing night with FNSI. Please do not laugh at what I managed to do--- in other words, not much at all!
Strips made with "PerfectStems"
 
I had good intentions to do a lot of sewing. Got a phone call and ended up chatting on the phone instead of sewing. Had to come up with some finish-- and I needed these folded strips for a project and these "Perfect Stems" certainly make them easier to make. I can now continue with the project.
 
 
 

I had bought the pattern, All About Anna, from Stephanie, of Rummage ages ago.(www.stephaniedunphy.blogspot.com).  Late last year, I   decided that I would make the bag --- I used corduroy for the navy part of the bag, and cotton fabrics for the rest. I  enjoyed making it as the instructions were clearly set out and  very easy to follow. I gave the bag away as a Christmas gift, and I have decided to make another for myself.
 
 
My version of All About Anna 
 
 
 
I had finished this cross stitch before Christmas-- and took it to the framers on Christmas eve. I have finally got it back and am very pleased with the way it has turned out. The blue wren is my favourite little bird and the flannel flower is a flower I love to look out for in spring when I go for a bush walk.
 
Framed Blue wren and flannel flower in cross stitch
 
 
Ages ago, a fellow blogger had said to me that she would love to have  a thread holder. She had a special birthday coming up, and I was racking my brain for what I could give her. I decided that I would get a thread holder cut out and paint it for her. I was so excited about it-- that I wrapped the present and posted it without taking a photo. I then had to ask her to take a photo for me to keep in my photo album. Needless to say, she presented it beautifully.

The painted Thread holder
 
 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 
Cheers,
Yvonne

17 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love little wrens too. Yours is beautiful. Your thread holder is fantastic xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne love your bag and that little bird is gorgeous love it,you do such beautiful work,well done xx

Cheryll said...

A very versatile bag & a beautifully stitched & framed wren... & I bet your friend was over the moon with your gorgeous painted thread holder. You should sell those! xox

Abby and Stephanie said...

Aw...you're sweet. I love the colors of your bag and thrilled you used corduroy. :o) Your little birdie is precious. Lovely thread holder for a lucky friend.

Christine M said...

Your blue wren is just beautiful, Yvonne. Lovely bag and thread holder too.

barb's creations said...

I too love blue wrens as well as willy wagtails your blue wren is utterly gorgeous! You do such lovely work and your thread holder is so dainty and pretty no wonder your friend was pleased with her present :) Barb.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That "Perfect Stems" looks interesting Yvonne...haven't seen that around! Lovely cross stitch there and how cool is that thread holder!

Käthe said...

Hi Yvonne,
beautiful ba and I love your little dog !
Best wishes
Käthe

Sisbabestitches said...

Chatting on the phone to a real friend seems just as good a way to spend a Friday night :) Gorgeous threadholder :) Sweet bag :)

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
lovely post, was great to read about your evening. I love the threadholder, very beautiful.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Rosie said...

Some gorgeous projects you have there. Love the little birdy.

Josie said...

Your blue wren is gorgeous. Wrens are one of my favourite birds too. Love the thread keeper... your painted roses are beautiful. Glad you had some fun playing with your perfect stems.... xx

Josie said...

Your blue wren is gorgeous. Wrens are one of my favourite birds too. Love the thread keeper... your painted roses are beautiful. Glad you had some fun playing with your perfect stems.... xx

Radka said...

Your Blue wren looks wonderful, Yvonne, well done.
The thread holder is really pretty, one of those things to keep and pass on...
xx

Houseelf said...

Fantastic thread holder. I've not seen anything like it! They could be a best seller. Wonderful idea. The bag is fabulous. I am in awe with your cross stitch. You know how many years it took me to make that koi one. Well done! The frame is perfect for it.

Ondrea said...

Love your bag and the little blue wren looks beautiful in that frame. Amazing thread holder.You have been very creative.

Janet said...

The thread holder really is fantastic and yes you should sell them!