Thursday 9 April 2015

The AQC and an old table runner

I have sent off a collection of brooches and buttons to Marilyn of The Patchwork Teahouse in Warburton, Victoria. She always takes a selection of them to The AQC-- and this year was no exception.  I meant to take a photo of them before they went into the parcel-- but in my haste to get them to the Post Office, I completely forgot to take the photos. Anyway, please visit Marilyn at  Stand 53 at the AQC .


I have been trying to tidy up the house-- it was getting desperate--and washed a table runner which I had made about 2years ago, ( NB I have washed it a few times in the 2 years!) and whilst  ironing it, I realised I had not taken a photo of the poor thing. It is difficult taking a photo of a table runner-- and here is my terrible photo-- again I was in a hurry. ( why I am always in a hurry I will never know).

Blue table runner with elongated hexagons
 
Sometime ago,I had gone to a fascinating book shop in the city, and here were  some samples of tea cosies from a tea cosy book. They were just beautiful.
 

Colourful samples of tea cosies

Enjoy the AQC if you get a chance to go there next week.

Cheers,
Yvonne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this runner it's gorgeous Yvonne xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Very nice tablerunner Yvonne.
Have a great weekend.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely table runner Yvonne...and yes I totally agree they are hard to photograph!

Anthea said...

it's as good a pic of the runner as you're going to get Yvonne - it's a lovely runner!
I'm sure your goodies will sell well at the Fair...
I wore my sewing machine brooch recently, it was much admired at my Patch group!

Ondrea said...

Love your tablerunner, design and colourways.

Unknown said...

Love your table runner Yvonne, such beautiful soft shades. What fun those tea cosies look!
Best wishes
Alison xx