Monday 22 June 2015

Post re FNSI ( A little late) and the Sydney Quilt Show

Where is time going to? It is past the shortest day ( Hurray!!) and almost the end of June. I just remember us coming home from our holiday to Victoria at the end of April-- and lo and behold-- it is now almost the end of June.

I joined in Wendy's FNSI last Friday and realised that I have not done a blog post for it and it is now Wednesday. So this is what I have done. It is only partly finished.

Embroidered Heart cushion with new French General Fabric
 
I am making this cushion with the new French general fabric that is just out. It is the same pattern for the Blue Cushion I have done in the past. There is more embroidery to sew on that and of course the back to be sewn on too. So this is what I got up to on the FNSI. Thank you Wendy, for hosting it.
 
 
Last Thursday, I went to the Sydney Quilt Show at Glebe Island. As usual, I spent some money ( a good amount, actually)-- but forgot to take photos of what I bought-- so that will have to be for another post. My favourite shop is Hatched and Patched and caught up with Anni and Peter there. Spent the most there, as ususal.
Anni at Hatched and Patched
 
I have been collecting red and white fabric for ages now-- I am sure I will have enough fabric for half a dozen red and white quilts now-- did not stop me buying more though. I loved the red and white quilt section at the Quilt show-- here are a few of them.
 
Red and white Quilts
 
Love this red and white quilt
 
This was so intricately done-- amazing



EPP hexagons-- fabulous
 
I will have to visit other FNSI bloggers -- so I had better be off now.
 
Cheers,
Yvonne


10 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
Your heart cushion is turning out beautifully.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne,wow love your new. Us join,those fabrics are gorgeous,glad you had a lovely time at the show xx

Cheryll said...

It was a wonderful quilt display wasn't it! Red and white looks stunning every time I see it! Enjoy turning the collected fabrics into a gorgeous quilt. Xox

Fiona said...

I love your little stitchery and the FG fabrics are perfect for it.... I think I would do big damage to the wallet at Anni Downs too...
Hugz

Christine M said...

Your cushion is beautiful, Yvonne.

Anthea said...

Great work on the cushion Yvonne... And wow all those red & white quilts look amazing, some very clever work in them

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely cushions n Yvonne...beaut colours! The red and white quilts look great!

Tania said...

Lovely stitching -French General fabrics always look gorgeous

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful heart. Red and white quilts are so striking. Those are beauties and certainly inspiring. I wonder what your first red and white quilt will be???

Radka said...

I like the embroidery on your cushion :-)
xx