Tuesday 21 July 2015

Winner is... and few days in Melbourne.

We have been away and back again-- and I realised that I had not picked a winner for the Red Embroidered Cushion Pattern. Thank you for the lovely comments, and the winner is ..... Ondrea.
I  will send the pattern to you shortly, Ondrea.


We went to Melbourne for 4 nights-- the aim was to attend a wedding on the 18th July. Unfortunately, I did  not find a single patchwork shop , but we did have a fabulous time in this beautiful city. We stayed in St Kilda and travelled on the trams to the CBD etc. Victoria Markets was fabulous and the laneways in Melbourne are a great feature of the city. We did a walking tour that started out from the front of the library at 10.30 am-- and it was well worth it.
Here are some photos of Melbourne.

Luna Park, St Kilda
 
Lovely tea cosies in a shop window
 
 
One of the Arcades in Melbourne
 
 
on a corner of the Melbourne CBD
 
Street art in one of the lanes in Melbourne
 
 
 
The beautiful cake shops-- I am sure I gained 2 kgs by just standing and looking at the cakes!
 
Sign outside a café
 
Fresh vegetables in Victoria Markets
 
 
View from a bar in Rialto Tower
 
 
St Kilda Beach
 
This was the lovely arch used for the wedding ceremony-- made with lots of gum leaves and flowers
 
I made this hexagon ring for my suitcase--to help identify my bag
 

Cheers,
Yvonne
 

6 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
lovely pictures, wonderful views, bet you had a great time.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Ondrea and Thankyou for sharing your trip with us Yvonne,lots of lovely pics xx

Ondrea said...

Thanks so much Yvonne. I love all your pics of Melbourne. Places I have not been to for decades.

Cheryll said...

I love Melbourne too... And I'm sorry I missed your blog giveaway...darn it! Xox

House-elf said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time in Melbourne. I would have made a beeline for the house used as Miss Fisher's in the TV programme. I like her feisty character too. Slowly catching up in Blogland as real life has had me kidnapped for the last few weeks.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I've been to Melbourne Yvonne and it is a wonderful place...you can't get a bad coffee there! Love that hexie tag...what a great idea!