Monday 10 August 2015

Sewing and knitting for Friday Night with Friends

I am a little late posting what I did on FnwFs hosted by Cheryll, but it is better late than never.
This is what I worked on-- an embroidery, then after awhile I switched to some knitting.
Embroidery

Knitting-- making a beanie
 
 
Then on Sunday I had one of those rare days where I sat and did craft most of the day--heavenly.
 
I had cut and sewn the front and back panels of the pouch, but I had to put it together. I find zippers a challenge-- but finally managed to do the zipper for this pouch. The pattern for this pouch is on Noodlehead. The instructions are very clear and the pictures are easy to follow.
 

One side of the pouch

The otherside of the pouch
 
 I used the left over fabrics from this quilt. I had made this quilt for my son in 2011.  The pouch is large enough to hold my knitting-- so I now have a knitting bag.

My son's quilt
 
 
Thank you Cheryll, for hosting another FnwFs.
 
Cheers,
Yvonne

7 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely stitchery. Your knitting pouch is gorgeous. I struggle with zips too...avoid them like the plague lol!

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne,wow you had a good productive night and I sure do love that pouch,well done my friend xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
you have had a great craft weekend. Sewing and knitting and stitching, wonderful projects, love the little boat.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Cheryll said...

WOW... I love your bag... what a great use of left overs too.
Your FNwF sewing is so cute...and I look forward to seeing what your knitting will turn into.
Thanks for joining in ... xox

Fiona said...

love your pouch and the quilt that it shares... (I have some of that fabric ... love it) pretty embroidery too...
Hugz

Josie said...

You worked on some lovely projects on Friday and over the weekend. Love the cute boat stitchery. You made good use of those quilt scraps... your new bag is lovely. xxx

Ondrea said...

Oh my! What gorgeous projects . I love tye stitchery, so cute. Your bag is lovely and I love those fabric colours in it. You have been quite productive.