Monday 9 November 2015

Friday night with Friends

I have been making these blocks for ages-- I had bought the book, Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt and I love the sunflower and leaf blocks. I decided to make a quilt with just these blocks. So Friday night saw me sewing 2 of these blocks. I continued sewing more on the weekend, and have finally finished the last blocks on Sunday. Now to join the blocks-- may have to put these aside and start on some Christmas sewing instead.

Sunflower and Leaf Blocks

I have not been active with my blog lately as I have been using Instagram. I do find that a lot easier and quicker to use. My IG name is YvonneWDesigns.

Thank you, Cheryl, for hosting another FnwFs.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Yvonne,wow this is gorgeous,well done my friend xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yvonne your blocks are just lovely. Great work x

Linda in Calif. said...

What a beautiful quilt. I hear you about having to put it aside for a while - but boy do I want you to continue working on it.

Cheryll said...

It's gorgeous Yvonne... & will be wonderful once completed. But I know how hard it is to resist working on Christmas projects. xox

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I recently saw this book Yvonne and was very tempted to get it...maybe I still will one day! Totally understand about Instagram...so much quicker!

Christine M said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous, Yvonne.

Janet said...

Very pretty! This is going to be a fantastic quilt!

Noela said...

Congratulations on your win for FNWF. Love your quilt Yvonne, have been meaning to do some of Lori Holt's book but I too have Xmas Swap gifts to make. Hugs......

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks, well done on getting them finished.

Radka said...

It's beautiful, Yvonne!
I am sticking to blogs, so I hope I still see you here sometimes :-)
xx

Chookyblue...... said...

nice flowers.........I only blog so will miss you.......

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
lovely sunflowers, what beautiful color combinations.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Ondrea said...

Oh my! Awesome girl!

KERYN B said...

What a beautiful quilt..love the colours.

Cath said...

that is gorgeous! I don't do instagram...I have an account but not the technology to keep it updated...I like writing stories for my blog so I will stick around with Chooky. I read your previous post too....did you get that sorted....there are so many dodgy emails being circulated...it is best not to use them to link to where they say they are linking.

Käthe said...

Hallo Yvonne,
was für schöne Blöcke ! Alles so schöne Farben, ganz wundervoll !
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Raewyn said...

Oh I love those blocks - I have ordered the book and am looking forward to sewing from it too!