Sunday 10 January 2016

Exciting new Quilt

The postman delivered my copy of the January 2016 Australian Homespun magazine. I could not wait to open it.
Over 7 months ago, my quilt had gone off to the Homespun office to be photographed etc for the January issue. It has been hard to keep my mouth shut about this quilt for all that time.  So you can just imagine my excitement to see it in print.

January 2016 issue of Australian Homespun magazine

The photograph in the magazine of my quilt and 2 cushions
 
 
 
 
In the meantime, I have just cross stitched this small sheep/bird design and enjoyed the simplicity of this design.


Sheep/bird cross stitch

I missed out on FNWFs as we had family staying with us. I will have to join in the next one which will be in February.
Back to work tomorrow.

Have a good week.
Cheers,
Yvonne

15 comments:

Radka said...

Congratulations Yvonne, I can see that it will be a very popular design!
xx

Koala said...

Congratulations, Yvonne!! The quilt is beautiful :-)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done you! Its Iovely and feels very summery. I love your sweet little cross stitch too.

Christine M said...

I saw your quilt in Homespun, Yvonne. It is gorgeous. Your cross stitch is lovely too.

Anthea said...

Congratulations Yvonne! How wonderful for you to be published in Homespun!
I had no idea the process takes so long, must have been hard to not say anything about it to friends!

House-elf said...

Congrats Yvonne, the design looks right up my daughter's street as she has a beach themed bedroom. Cute cross stitch too.

House-elf said...

Have signed up to FNWF too now. Thanks for the heads up!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
congratulations to this great success. What a beautiful quilt and matching cushions.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Congrats Yvonne,the quilt and cushions are gorgeous,well done my friend xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Congratulations Yvonne on this beautiful quilt! I had to send my Hubby out to buy it while we were out of town as I knew it would be sold out here! I just love it!

Josie said...

Congratulations Yvonne! Having a project in such a popular magazine is something to be really proud of. It's a lovely quilt and really cute cushions. Love your little cross stitch sheep too. xxxx

Deb R said...

How exciting, your quilt is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne,i am sorry i had missed this post,wow i love this quilt,you are so very clever my friend,congrats xx

Janet said...

Congratulations! It looks like a gorgeous quilt. I don't know if I can get that magazine here, but I will look.

Cheryll said...

Just catching up... Congrats on a wonderful quilt and pillows being published. They all look great. Xox