Tuesday 19 May 2015

A Birthday and the Fat Quarter Birthday Club

I celebrated my 6oth birthday yesterday. Age does not usually worry me, but seeing the 60 written down was a little bit daunting. I am not a party person and chose not to have a party as such, but there have been many mini celebrations with family and friends. The first started on Saturday, cake and coffee after my walk yesterday, dinner last night, dinner tonight, lunch on Friday and lunch again next Tuesday. I hope my clothes still fit me after all those meals!

For the first time, I joined in the Birthday Club, hosted by Cheryll. The parcels started arriving from 2 weeks ago-- and I kept them aside until yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed opening the gifts, one at a time. Here they are:



from Chooky


from Sue B.
 
from Tarnyia
 
from Ondrea
 
from Claire
 
from Dzintra
 
from Simone H.
 
 
My Special gift from Simone
 
 
Thank you Chooky, Sue, Tarynia, Claire, Dzintra, Ondrea and Simone for the lovely fabrics. Simone-- I adore the special gift-- a beautifully embroidered cushion. The wording reflects my sentiments exactly.
 
 
I received a card from the local MP and it said that  turning 60 means I could be eligible for a Senior's Card. Therefore I must now be a Senior!
 
 
Cheers,
Yvonne

16 comments:

Simone Harding said...

Happy birthday for yesterday. Such lovely fabrics there to add to your collection.

Koala said...

60 is new 20!!!! Happy birthday!!! I wish you all the best things you can imagine :-)))) Birthday club sounds like a great idea :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

happy birthday....such a special one too........enjoy those fabrics.....lots of smaller celebrations sounds great.......

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Yvonne and i love all your birthday gifts,so glad you had a lovely day xx

Cheryll said...

OooHHH NiCe fats!!!
And you still have 2 more to come...
WooHoo. xox

Ondrea said...

Woohoo! Way ta go girl! So pleased you had such fun opening all your lovely pressies. A wonderful assortment and Simones gift is very special.

Tatkis said...

Happy belated Birthday Yvonne!
Wish you all the best and lots of wonderful events and gifts!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Christine M said...

Happy birthday Yvonne. What lovely gifts you received. Your special gift from Simone is gorgeous.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a fun club Yvonne! Chooky and I both bought your Fats while we were up at Nundle! Lots of little celebrations are fun! Happy Happy Birthday once again!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow! Simone made a beautiful gift for you. Lots of lovelies there x

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
Happy late birthday, congratulations to your 60th birthday. Lovely presents, it is good to have friends.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Kaylee said...

Lots of lovely gifts Yvonne, enjoy the remainder of your dinners. Happy 60th..

barb's creations said...

Happy Birthday Yvonne, hope my parcel for you turns up soon and you had a lovely day for your special celebration :) Barb.

Anthea said...

lots of lovely giftie goodies there Yvonne... glad you had a great day & lots of fab celebrating going on
x

Radka said...

Just catching up with blogs; little late, I know, but Happy Birthday!
60 is only a number :-), I am ahead of you!
Enjoy "the 3rd age"!
xx

Grethe said...

Happy birthday on May the! Hope you had a lovely day. Nice presents for you :-) Happy Sewing during this weekend, I am looking around to check!