Saturday 30 May 2015

Chooky's Blog birthday party and new stitchery and another present from the FQ birthday club

Chooky is celebrating her 3rd birthday! Actually, it is her blog's 3rd birthday. And to celebrate, we are having a sewing party.
I have been wanting to sew these stitcheries I have drawn----and finding time to do so ---- and have finally decided that this sewing party can be the time I sit and sew the stitcheries. These are the 2 I managed to finish. Thank you, Chooky, for hosting the party which allowed me to get them done.
Sea side themed stitcheries



I found this dumpling pouch pattern on IG by Michelle patterns.com. I decided to give it a go-- it was harder that I anticipated-- I am not much good with zippers. However, I am happy with the result.

Michellepatterns.com dumpling pouch
 
 
This was another of the Fat Quarter Birthday Club presents I received in the post last week. It was supposed to have one FQ of fabric. But instead, this large parcel arrived with 3 FQs, 2x skeins of DMC threads, a project pouch and some yummy chocolates. Thank You , Peg, for your very generous birthday parcel. As you can see, I have used 1 of the fabrics to make the pouch. Needless to say, the chocolates have all gone.
 
 
Parcel from Peg
 
 
Today is a cold, grey, overcast type of day here. I guess winter officially starts tomorrow-- so I cannot expect anything different.
 
Cheers,
Yvonne

7 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Yvonne,
so good to see your stitcheries. Nice projects for Chooky's birthday celebration and great opportunity for stitching. The sea designs look beautiful, so does your little bag.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Abby and Stephanie said...

Super cute stitcheries! Sometimes we need a little nudge to finish.

Christine M said...

Cute stitcheries, Yvonne. I love your little pouch. Lovely fabrics from Peg too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I love celebrating The Chookshed's party...a really great idea to sew for a lot of the weekend! Lovely gifts from Peg Yvonne....

House-elf said...

Such fun seasonal stitcheries. The pouch looks great. What a lovely generous parcel!

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased you got to enjoy stitching your own designs during the Chookshed party..................

kiwikid said...

Your stitcheries are lovely..good time to get them done. The pouch looks really good.