Sunday 27 January 2013

A Logo and working in Blues


I decided I needed a logo . My pattern designing started last year and was inspired after a positive response from a quilt I had designed and made,  appearing in the Australian Homespun magazine. That quilt was called  "A Day in the Country" and had sheep on a hill. So my logo has the sheep on a hill together with the flowers that I love to embroider. I may improve on it by adding colour etc-- but  I am happy with this for now.
My Logo


I am currently in a blue mood, and I am sewing a set of blue cushion covers and  a blue wallhanging.
I have been cutting and trimming and there were threads and bits of fabric all over the table. Of course I did not have a thread catcher-- hence the mess. So  I stopped everything and made myself a thread catcher-- like everyone else, I needed one. So now I have a thread catcher that matches what I am currently sewing and it has been put to use immediately.
 
 Thread catcher and a half finished wall hanging.

 

Thread catcher with a completed churn dash block


I have cut the fabric do do these churn dash blocks for the wallhanging-- they are always  a challenge to get the corners just right.

 
Many years ago, I made this English paper pieced quilt for my son. The whole top was done by hand, but I did get it machine quilted. It  had been in the cupboard for ages and I have brought it out again to be used.

 
An English paper pieced quilt



                                                                            
The weather has been crazy here. We have had heat above 40 degrees causing bushfires. Now we have a cyclone causing floods in Queensland and bringing rains further down the coast-- hence Sydney is being innundated with rain. It rained all day yesterday and it has been pouring all day today as well. The Pacific Ocean is wild and choppy and it is certainly not a day for the beach.
However, it is a good day for sewing.
 
Take care,
Yvonne.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Solstitches said...

I love the new logo Yvonne.
The quilt is gorgeous and your thread basket and block very pretty.
Looking forward to seeing more of the wall hanging.

Margaret

Tatkis said...

What a lovely logo! Great idea!
And your blue quilt looks wonderful, may be I need one too ;)

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Tatyana

Satu said...

Nice new logo, Yvonne! And your star quilt in blue is GORGEOUS! I have also started two new star quilt in this year. The other one of them is just like yours, but I'm doing it in pink-purple-red or so...

Chookyblue...... said...

I like the logo.......and I love blue......your EPP quilt is beautiful.......we missed out on all the rain.........

Houseelf said...

So sorry to hear about your unusual weather. I think the planet is out of kilter at the moment. The simplicity of your logo works really well. Your star quilt is stunning. I do like stars on bed quilts. :-) Perhaps they encourage children to sleep? I can hope. :-)

Anonymous said...

love your new logo Yvonne and that quilt is awesome glad its not in the cupboard anymore,lol.xx

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very sweet logo and I love blue. Always restful.